- This event has passed.
Volunteer Day – The Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition
12 November 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm CSTFree
The Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition needs our help in their baby program suite!
They rescue and rehabilitate squirrels, opossums, and birds.
There will not be any animals at the center when we are there and all cages should be cleaned.
- They have a number of shelving units with different sized cages for different animals. There is a squirrel season and a bird season and cages need to be switched out each season accordingly. This causes them a headache. There is an offsite storage unit that they say is full of cages, but I was not able to see this unit.
- Electrical cords: Baby animals require the use of heating pads, and a lot of them! People often trip over the cords and they are an eye sore. They mentioned trying to find a way to have the cords come down from the ceiling. I have no experience with this and am totally open to ideas!
- NICU area: this area needs to be quiet and free from foot traffic, however, the way it is set up allows people to walk through there frequently. We’ll need to move some shelving and tables around to make this work.
- One or two people to help move shelves and cages
- At least one person to organize drawers, a cabinet, and a few shelves
- One or two people to work with the TWRC staff in their NICU area.
There are really no funds for supplies so I will be bringing a few basic bins that I will donate to them if we end up needing them.
All shelving is on wheels, but please come in tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, and please bring a lunch! Although I’m sure we can order food if needed, as well.
Items that may be of use:
– Tape Measure
– Label Maker