March 2021 Chapter Meeting – ONLINE!
4 March 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm CST$10 – $25
March Chapter Meeting featuring Heather Cocozza
Her Presentation: Project Management to Gain Skills & Say “Yes!” to Complex Projects
- Learn skills from a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) to give you the confidence to manage larger projects.
- Learn the four project management phases for every organizing project with examples of how to use them in organizing and moving projects.
- Learn how to troubleshoot by using the project management triangle of schedule/time, budget/cost, and scope/quality.
- Then participate in a team exercise to be a project manager and solve an Organizing Project or Moving Project challenge.
Heather’s Bio: Heather Cocozza is the President of Cocozza Organizing & Design, LLC, which serves business and residential clients to enrich their work and personal lives through organizing and productivity improvements. She has been organizing for 15 years, and her clients include large establishments such as the world’s largest museum complex. She is a Certified Professional Organizer® (CPO®) and a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Heather’s insights are cited in the new book Clutter: An Untidy History, released in September 2020. She has participated in the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) in the following capacities in recent years:
- NAPO National Board of Directors – Member Director 2019-present
- NAPO-Washington, DC (WDC) Chapter President 2017-2019
- Designed and teaches NAPO National Course “OD2-206 Project Management for Professional Organizers”
- Presented at NAPO-WDC Chapter Meeting “Productivity Consulting” 2020
- Presented at 2017 NAPO National Conference “Bridging to Corporate Organizing & Productivity”
Heather graduated from The American University in Washington, DC. Prior to entering the organizing industry, she worked at IBM/PricewaterhouseCoopers as an ERP project manager on financial system integration projects for 13 years. She currently lives in Arlington, Virginia, with her college-aged children. Through her paid and volunteer work, Heather strives to enrich the lives of members of her community, citizens living and working in the nation’s capital, and colleagues that participate in the larger, global world.
Schedule for the session:
6:00PM-6:30PM: New Members and Guests Meet & Greet*
6:30PM-7:00PM: Chapter Announcements
7:00PM-8:15PM: Presentation & Questions with Victoria Cook
*Inviting all NAPO Houston new members, new business partners, and guests! Please join us for a virtual meet and greet before the regular chapter meeting. This is an opportunity for you to network with other organizers and ask questions about business practices, our national and local associations, or about becoming a professional organizer or productivity consultant. As a guest, you are welcome to attend three meetings, before you will be required to become a NAPO Houston member. Members are welcome to join as well.
Please note: This meeting will be held virtually via ZOOM. Registered attendees will receive an email with a ZOOM link. If you don’t see the information you are looking for, please contact Blanka Molnar, our Professional Development Director at email@example.com.
If you are interested in attending upcoming meetings, check out our Event Calendar.